*2018 Kuskokwim Ice Classic Rules will be posted in January 2018.
If you have any questions, call 543-1812.
2017 Kuskokwim Ice Classic Rules
1) Winner is determined by the person or persons who guess the exact minute of breakup. If no one has guessed the exact minute of breakup, the next closest minute on either side of the exact minute will be the winning time. In the event of multiple winners, the pot will be split accordingly. The Ice Classic does not measure seconds.
*Example: Clock stops at 5 pm. If there is no 5:00 pm guess or guesses, and the next closest guesses are 4:57 pm and 5:03 pm, both guesses would win as they are the closest guesses to the exact minute of breakup (and are equal minutes apart from the exact time of breakup).
2) The winner will earn $12,500 (split equally in the event of multiple winners)
3) All State statutes and regulations apply
4) If breakup occurs on or before April 17, 2017 at 7 pm, guesses must be submitted the day before breakup occurs in order to be eligible to win. We will collect and separate guesses submitted the day before breakup at the end of the day each day if it appears that breakup may happen before the submission deadline date.
5) No Board members or employees of BCSF are eligible to win.
6) If the winner has died, is unable to be located or refuses the prize, the next closest guess will be determined as the winner.
7) Time will be determined based on the official clock. A secondary, backup clock will be used. If both of these clocks fail, the third method used to determine the winner will be the webcam time/date stamp and/or the use of technology, i.e. gps coordinates/spotting scope based on distance calculated for tripod movement to cause the clock to stop. If malfunction or another issue causes a situation where it is impossible to determine the winner using these methods, customers who purchased tickets must provide their ticket stubs and request refunds. BCSF will refund ticket purchases at the value for which they were purchased.
8) The Kuskokwim Ice Classic Committee will make other recommendations about processes and decisions on an as-needed basis and will forward those recommendations to the BCSF Board for final approval.
**Guesses in Bethel/Aniak/Napaskiak/Hooper Bay must be submitted at the time of sale OR placed in an official dropoff box by 7 pm on April 17th.**
***See rule #4 for the rule about guesses if breakup happens on or before April 17th, 2017.***