2022 Kuskokwim Ice Classic Rules
1) Winner is determined by the person or persons who guess the exact minute of breakup. If no one has guessed the
exact minute of breakup, the next closest minute on either side of the exact minute will be the winning time. In the
event of multiple winners, the pot will be split accordingly. The Ice Classic does not measure seconds.
*Example: Clock stops at 5 pm. If there is no 5:00 pm guess or guesses, and the next closest guesses are 4:57 pm and
5:03 pm, both guesses would win as they are the closest guesses to the exact minute of breakup (and are equal minutes
apart from the exact time of breakup).
2) The winner will earn 50% of the jackpot raised (split equally in the event of multiple winners). An individual can only
win ONE time (example: if Person A submits two guesses for April 30 at 4:57 pm and Person B submits one guess for
April 30 at 4:57 pm and that time wins, the prize is split 50/50, NOT 2/3 and 1/3).
3) All State statutes and regulations apply.
4) Guesses must be submitted no later than the day before breakup occurs in order to be eligible to win (i.e. no same-
*Example: Clock stops at 4 pm on May 21. Any eligible guess would need to have been submitted by or on May 20.
5) The Ice Classic will use online guessing in 2022. Online guesses will be entered directly into a database for ease of
sorting and tracking. The Ice Classic uses Jotform as its online guess processor. Jotform’s privacy guidelines can be found
6) Online guesses: Customers should take a screen shot or a cell phone photo of their guesses and compare it
to the Ice Classic email that shows the guesses received by the Ice Classic. If a customer notices a discrepancy
between their screen shot and what was submitted, you must contact the Ice Classic (to include leaving a
message) within 8 hours of submission. If we are not contacted within 8 hours about a correction, the guess
received by the Ice Classic will stand as the final guess.
7) Guesses must be submitted at the time of sale (customers may not pre-pay for guesses and make the guesses later).
8) No Board members or employees of BCSF are eligible to win.
9) If the winner has died, is unable to be located or refuses the prize, the next closest guess will be determined as the
10) Time will be determined based on the official clock. A secondary, backup clock will be used. If both of these clocks
fail, the third method used to determine the winner will be the webcam time/date stamp and/or the use of technology,
i.e. GPS coordinates/spotting scope based on distance calculated for tripod movement to cause the clock to stop. If malfunction or another issue causes a situation where it is impossible to determine the winner using these methods, customers who purchased tickets must provide their ticket stubs and request refunds in order to
be eligible for a refund. BCSF will refund ticket purchases at the value for which they were purchased.
11) The Kuskokwim Ice Classic Committee will make other recommendations about processes and decisions on an as-
needed basis and will forward those recommendations to the BCSF Board for final approval.
** There is no official deadline, but guesses must be submitted no later than the day before breakup occurs in order to be eligible to win (i.e. no same-day guesses).